JAVA DEVELOPER AND NETWORKS/SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
Do you like doing both Development and Administration? Then this is a rare opportunity and ideal job for you.
We are a small software company. Our product, CRM software for charities, is used by thousands of people in over 20 countries around the world.
We are looking for a person with excellent research and trouble-shooting skills, since the work includes many non-routine tasks which you will have to investigate on your own. Duties will be divided between 50% Networks tasks and 50% Java development tasks.
– daily, weekly, monthly procedures to monitor and maintain our current infrastructure
– decision making with regards to new infrastructure requirements
– system administration duties: like software installation, troubleshooting servers and networks, helping users with workstations
– hardware maintenance and requisition
JAVA DEVELOPMENT TASKS
– Write code in Java
– Test code in Java
– Write unit tests
– Submit code for inclusion in the next release of the product.
Sometimes after hours are required and being on call
– Good English: reading, writing and speaking This job requires discussions with other staff members.
– Excellent communication skills
– Ability to work in team environment as well as individually
– Excellent trouble-shooting skills to be able to resolve problems with application software and the network environment in which it operates.
– Attention to details
– Self-starter with outstanding organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
– Comptia A+ Training or equivalent
– Linux server administration, Windows server administration, Knowledge of Mac
– Knowledge of some VM infrastructures such as AWS, OVH, Google
– Networking – DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, File Services, Print Services, Group Policy
– Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2012R2
– Windows 7, Windows 10, Mac OS, Linux (Ubuntu, Debian)
– Hardware maintenance
– Knowledge of Security and privacy standards
– MySQL/Postgres (familiar with SQL databases: concept, structure, how they work)
– Automation Tools – one of: Jenkins, Puppet, Chef
– Java (2+ years of experience)
– Bug tracking or ticketing system like Jira, Bugzilla etc.
– Source Control (like Git, Bitbucket, Svn, VSTS etc)
– Strong data structure knowledge
– Unit testing
Diploma or degree in software development or equivalent experience
Location: work in Downtown Toronto office (King subway station)
Hours: 8:30am-5pm M-F.
Salary: commensurate with experience
No agencies. Local candidates only.
If you are interested, please
a) send to [email protected] your cover letter and resume
b) Complete timed Reasoning Test – http://softwoodtechnology.com/logic-reasoning-test/
Successfully complete software development task #1 (Java) and network design task #2 by email
Interview over skype